eMMC Support Activation for RIFF Box allows you to
use JTAG Manager v1.58 software with ISP/Direct eMMC support *. eMMC
support activation is free for all new unregistered RIFF Boxes.
Note! To be able to work with eMMC interface you have to upgrade your RIFF Box.
eMMC Support Activation cost - 30 RIFF Box server credits.
Activation is required for all boxes registered for more than 180
days (those boxes report "Account Expired" at startup message).
This activation allows you to:
- Update RIFF Box firmware for an unlimited period
- Access RIFF files download servers for an unlimited period
- Receive support on RIFF forums
Please note that buying this activation you get permanent access to firmware updates and download server.
How to check if my RIFF Box requires the activation?
- Start the software. If the message "Account Expired" appears (as
shown in the picture below), the activation is required and it's not
JTAG Manager v1.58 with ISP/Direct eMMC support:
To use it, please prepare your RIFF Box installation folder:
- Rename JTAG Manager v1.56, so you can continue using it if your account has expired.
- Backup "Useful plugins" folder content because old plugins
are incompatible with new *exe, and old *exe is incompatible with new
- Start v1.58 exe and download license (if your account is not expired)
- Update box firmware to v1.38
- Download new plugins.
Old server will be online for some weeks, so users can get a license, if they need it.
JTAG Manager 1.58
- Direct eMMC Access Interface on the RIFFBOX RJ-45 port (check pinout picture for CMD, CLK, DAT0, pins positions, etc.)
- eMMC/SD Access page for Read/Write operations on eMMC/SD card via direct interface
- eMMC/SD Advanced dialog which allows to perform advanced
operations with eMMC/SD cards (reading info, browsing through
OCR, CID, CSD (and EXT_CSD for eMMC only) registers' fields, edit
separate fields and writing back to card, reading/writing eMMC card's
MCU's internal firmware, etc.)
- Convenient information presentation for specific eMMC chips:
pinouts for testpoints, manuals how to use testpoints to resurrect dead
eMMC, etc.. These INFO files (*.riffinfo) are stored in JTAG Manager's
Documents folder and can be downloaded using generic "Check for Updates"
- eMMC Firmware Update option
- eMMC Firmware Reading option (firmware is stored in
*.riffemmcfw format). Select a chip from the list in order to read the
- *.riffemmcfw eMMC firmware files are now used by RIFF for firmware updates (plain binary files are supported too)
- Added elapsed time info for eMMC firmware update stages
- eMMC Testpoint info displaying (info files must be
downloaded from support and are located in the JTAG Manager's
- CMD42 Lock/Unlock functionality for eMMC. User can
set/change/remove password to protect/unprotect (lock/unlock) the User
- Added the User Area Partition Forced Erase to erase Locked
User Area Partition and to reset Device lock/unlock state and password
- Samsung Factory Erase, which erases and re-formats Samsung eMMC chips
- Fixed bug, displaying wrong SD card size. For cards with a capacity less than 2 GB
- Few small improvements and bug fixes
- Direct eMMC Access Interface functionality
- Improved the eMMC communication
- the CMD42 Lock/Unlock/Reset Password features
- Forced Erase of locked User Area Partition
- Samsung eMMC Factory Format
- Fixed bug for small SD card support
- eMMC firmware update feature
RIFF Box - Upgrade Procedure:
This is an initial guide for RIFF Box eMMC ISP/Direct functionality. This is not regular update, but rather a major upgrade.
As such, it will come free for all RIFF Boxes registered in the last 6 months (180 days), and of course for all new RIFF Box customers.
To prepare everything on your side for this upgrade, you will need the following:
- RJ45 cable
- 2 x 100 Ohms resistors
- External source for VCC and VCCQ (optional)
- MOORC adapters (optional)
- Activation credits (if your box has been registered more than 6 months (180 days) ago)
RJ45 cable is required to connect RIFF Box to eMMC, as RIFF Box RJ45 port is used for this function.
2 x 100 Ohms resistors are required as pull up, to increase signal levels and improve stability.
External source for VCC and VCCQ is required if you don't want to
open your RIFF Box in order to connect RIFF Box internal VCC voltage
source. There are some adapters on the market which offer this function.
RIFF Box RJ45 port pinout:
VCC pin is located on RIFF Box motherboard, bottom side. You can locate it if you check the picture below.
Please provide us with your RIFF serial number while placing an order.
Serial number can be found using old RIFF software version 1.29
As soon as activation appeared on your account, we will send you an email.
After that you may run the latest version of software.
* Developer provides support only for those phones which are on the
list of supported. Not all servicing features can be applied to some
supported models, due to difference of hardware / software versions.
Complete list of supported models you can find on the official product
page, or on the GSM forum.
Detailed information on the further use of the virtual product will
be sent to your email, specified during registration, when we confirm
your payment and process your order.